ACNFP sets the standard for the training and accreditation of educators in clinical and non-clinical work:
Natural Family Planning (NFP) Educators
In a private and confidential centre, NFP Educators instruct couples on how to avoid or achieve a pregnancy naturally. NFP Educators undertake ACNFP reaccreditation every two years. Couples can be assured that they will receive quality instruction in the latest fertility research and instruction techniques.
Family Life Education (FLE) Educators
FLE Educators present non-clinical programs to community groups. FLE educators undertake ACNFP reaccreditation every two years. Community groups can be assured that they will receive quality programs in the latest in Fertility & Sexuality research and group-work techniques.
Criteria for Selecting a Trainee Educator
- understands NFP as it is applied personally and has been charting competently for at least six months
- wants to teach others and has the time to do so
- has the appropriate support network
- relates warmly and comfortably with others
- accepts the aims and objectives of ACNFP, including the requirement for attendance at group meetings and in-service for on-going NFP/FLE education
If you are interested in becoming an educator then contact your local centre.
Online Training Now Available
The Broken Bay Institute ACNFP now runs an accredited online course through the Broken Bay Institute which constitutes Part 1 of your training as an Educator.