Australian Council of Natural Family Planning Incorporated (ACNFP) affiliated centres offer effective natural methods of family planning for couples wishing to plan their family.
ACNFP Inc is the leading authority in Australia for
- the Sympto-Thermal Method
- the Lactational Amenorrhoea Method
Founded in 1975, ACNFP sets the standards for training and accreditation of educators in clinical and non-clinical work and undertakes on-going research in Fertility & Sexuality.
Our mandate is to provide training, accreditation and re-accreditation in the Sympto-Thermal Method and Lactational Amenorrhoea Method of Natural Family Planning throughout Australia. ACNFP provides leadership, coordination and support to its accredited Educators.
Natural family planning education will be provided within the framework and context of Christian principles and values. Members of the Organisation will respect the rights of each client:
- to be recognised as a person of worth
- to be respected as an individual
- to express feelings
- to receive an empathic response
- to be treated in a non-judgmental way
- to have access to knowledge that is accurate and scientifically sound
- to freely make their own informed decisions
- to know that confidential matters will not be disclosed without the person’s written permission
The Australian Council of Natural Family Planning Incorporated, is a national, non-government organisation, which is approved by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference to educate the general public in Fertility & Sexuality Awareness. The organisation trains its members to promote, teach, and supervise the application of natural family planning methods to avoid or achieve pregnancy.
Our Policies and Standards
The ACNFP Policies and Standards reflect the principles of both adult education and pastoral care. These principles are grounded in:
- Catholic Church doctrine
- the findings of medical research
- social sciences and
- respect for the clients’ rights to make their own decisions.
The Australian Council of Natural Family Planning Incorporated is funded by the Commonwealth Department for Health and Ageing and administered by Fertility Education Australia on behalf of the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Conference. Some state governments and archdioceses also provide funding.
President: Alison Fleming (SA)
Immediate Past President: vacant
Vice President: Catherine Bourne (NSW)
Treasurer: Sandra Grey (QLD)
Secretary: Julianna Smith (TAS)
Chair of Training: Sharon Young (NSW)
Chair of Promotions: vacant